Sunday, August 3, 2008

Indy - Day 3


And finally, the place that brought us this mini vacation, Indy Motor Speedway! We saved this for the last day to ensure Todd was able to "soak" it all in. The tour on the bus was very interesting, and the video vs the slideshow doesnt do it justice (sorry). It was educational for everyone (and Timmy just had a great time with all the cars). Did you know a man wanted to enter a race but his car was over weight by several hundred pounds in the earliest of racing days. He drilled as many holes in the frame as he could to get it under weight, and was still over by 120. Again, I like the history stuff. Where everything came from. You'd never know I didnt do well in history in HS. Enjoy.


and by the way, the trip home was FANTASTIC. Megan used my ipod most the way home, Timmy watched Blue's Clues and both sleep for a bit. I think I know what Megan is getting for her birthday....

No comments: