Monday, April 15, 2013

Easter: trimmings

Easter Trimmings
We tried a few new things this year.  We always try to have a new centerpiece and something at each place setting.  This year, thanks to Pinterest, we had loads of ideas!

This pin I found was just wrapping a napping that had been rolled to make bunny ears.  The org pin is below.  I googled bunny faces and took what my boys liked best, make a bunch of copies of it on a word doc and printed them out.  They each decorated 10 bunny faces and we attached to a paper ring and make bunny napkins.  The examples below are each of their masterpieces.
 Easter is the only holiday I host.  And I love it.  It gives me a chance to use my grandmas china and have that formal sit down dinner that we otherwise never have for any other holiday anymore.  No buffet, no eating out, and no self serve.  We pass all the dishes, so I can use all my dishes :)  I know, I'm a little crazy like that.  And this year, I actually washed a china plate ahead of time in the dishwasher to make it would be ok, and it was!  So, we didnt even hand wash dishes this year!  No one's favorite, but it does allow for multiple conversations to occur and convo over dishes is a good one, really is.
 These center pieces were donated from a church event on Easter Eve, called the Easter Vigil for my non-catholic readers.  A friend of mine cheerfully manages the hospitality after mass with wonderful finger foods (I'm just there to server and clean up).  There is always beautiful center pieces.  I'm lucky enough to bring home for more to enjoy on Easter.  They actually got the inspiration from Marianos!  It's a mason jar with the ring lid only.  It's full of carrots and then flowers of all sorts.  I had one for each table :)

Here's our table set up.  We had 30 adults this year, and 8 kids.  We have realized the kids take 5 minutes to eat a few years ago, so they are now in living room for dinner.  They love freedom.  They eat without supervision, then bolt for the backyard!



 We have a few seniors needing help getting around, so we went the extra step and borrowed a few armed rolling chairs from my SIL.  It was perfect.  Sometimes, it's the littlest things that make it run smooth!
 And the last on my list today is the cheep cheep eggs.  I wanted to make these so bad.  Well, I had a whole board of pins that I wanted to complete, but this one didnt make it.  Then, my cousin showed up with them, I was so excited.  They are perfect!

No comments: