Saturday, October 13, 2007

Green Meadows Farm

A neighbor, Jake's mom actually, mentioned this farm to me during the week and being such a great family outing. It was a drive, but so worth it. We were lucky too, not crowed AT ALL. It sounds like Columbus Day weekend is the weekend to AVOID. It wasn't too cold out either.
Take a look at our adventure! We truly picked our pumpkins from the patch. We even cut ours from the vine. Very cool!
And the pumpkin, any size, was a part of the admission fee.
Megan is trying to decide which is HER pumpkin. Did I mention she's 6 going on 16!
All the sudden while we were walking a speck of something caught my eye. I realized it was a grasshopper. Megan had not seen one close up. He never moved till I "asked" him too.
Can you see him?Wait for it...
I gave the pumpkin a little nudge to make him leave the leaf
Fruits of our labor.. hehehe
Taking a break to have lunch. Timmy is looking up at Todd here. "Hi Dad"
We milked a cow. That was weird, but interesting.
Megan and Todd are making "music". very clever!
What exactly is a camel's purpose on a farm again?
It was the end of an eventful day! Nap time anyone?

1 comment:

Brit-American said...

B- what a great day out! Sunday was a beautiful day here and all I wanted to do was go pumpkin picking--but it was too late by the time I thought of it. I like the idea of pick your own. Nice shots with the grasshopper. I still can't get over how big (and very lovely which I do believe because she takes after me:) Meg is.