Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Oh the places you will go.. childhood memory


Pinned it! Did it!
Using this book as a journal, have all the people that have made an impact in your childs life from pre-school to high school write in this book.   And then give it to them at HS graduation.  I marked a page with their birth information (that I pinned and did it in a prev post) by taping inside on a page and then used a post-it to say the page was saved for Mom and Dad.  I dont know what to write just yet, and I think I need to wait till they graduate anyway.  Teachers/Staff/Activities can write anywhere in the book they want.  I put a note inside explaining it all too just in case.  I also asked them to write their name, grade/age they had her/him and the year.

I'm so glad to have found this pin.  It's such a great idea for long lasting memories.  I'm lucky enough that Megan, my oldest in 5th grade, still has all her teachers in the district to be a part of this memory.  I'll have teachers, specials (art/gym/music), principals and any others that impact their life.
original pin

I dropped them off today.  One for each of my kids.  I put them in a packing envelope so I could right on the outside of it.  One side has my info phone and email, and the other has who's book it is and what staff/teachers to pass it too.  They can then cross themselves off the list and pass around the school.  Everyone I spoke to about it was so excited about the idea, and especially those that had Megan, because they realized it's never too late.  One teacher said she had a 10y old and thought it was too late after seeing on Pinterest herself.  Not so!  Think ahead everyone.  A memory that cannot be replaced!

No comments: