Sunday, February 24, 2013

Be My Valentine

I know it's a bit after Valentine's Day.. but they worked so hard on these and decided on their own.  Everyone was different.  We had a sick little boy in the house that week.. so this went to the back burner.

Pinned it and Did it.
(search pinterest for valentine ideas for any ideas.  there's too many to list.)

We are a crafty household and when I saw the plethora of ideas on Pinterest for Vday, I knew we'd have some fun.  We ended up creating a heart on the computer with words for everyone, and they wrote their to and from on the back.  For the 3y, that's enough work for him anyway.  We did this over 2 weeks time to allow for "I'm tired of doing this".  The 6 and 11y were also charged with cutting and taping theirs out too.

Here's what we came up with (trinkets from Oriental Trading Co.)


 This Valentine was a pin wheel with hearts on it, perfect for the prek kid.  His tag said, "You blow my mind.  Thanks for being a good friend.  Happy Valentine's Day."  He then wrote his name on the back of all of them.  Such a good boy.





 This one is all photos... He did it all himself.


Turns out I didnt take any of the 11y.. She didnt even finish till the 13th!  The boys were done a whole week early.  She did sticky hands that stretch and stick to walls and windows.  
Her heart said "I'm giving you a hand on Valentine's Day".  As it turns out, 5th graders really dont want to do this anymore, it was sad.  She had 6 other students that brought in Valentines.  
Oh my, what does junior high do?  Nothing?  Valentine grams at school?  
or is that in high school...ugh, just stay in grade school!!

Did you make your own?  I was talking to a few moms after school and they were looking for this character and that one.. so I ended up making them too.. they were printed on 11x17 sheets of paper at Staples and there was 10-12 cards per sheet.






No comments: