Thursday, September 27, 2012

Master Bedroom touches



 This is our master bedroom.  We really try to make it our little oasis with our own little touches.  I continue to see ideas in magazines and Pinterest to improve our space.
Todd and I made this headboard a few years ago.  We found the fabric first, designed what we liked and spent an evening after the kids went to bed and put it all together.  (stained ahead of time).  I have more photos of this project on the computer somewhere.  I'll have to post another time.  We also painted our walls a darker, more romantic color.  The ceiling is the maroon too.  Then one day while shopping at Sam's Club, I saw this bedding.  It's a perfect fit.  It came with two additional 20x20 shams that I still have not purchased pillows for.  I'll get to it.


I thought I'd share some of the pillows we have on our bed too.  I found this tonight/not tonight pillow some time ago and started giving as a bridal shower gift too.  It was in a catalog, but you can google and find many variations.  search: "tonight not tonight pillow".  And the heart pillow has a pocket that we can leave notes for each other.  This usually happens around our Anniversary or Valentine's Day.


A new update is curtains.  We have shades on these windows that came with the house, but never did anything with them.  I found these curtain panels at abc distributing.  I had the rod from our previous house unused.  I saw a pin about anchoring from the ceiling for additional height vs just above the window frame, so that's what I did. The color is perfect.  I used 3 panels.  The middle panels hangs on both sides.  I can pull them all back for light or window open breeze.  We found the lamps at Lowe's.  They had a display on brown and reds for bedrooms.  It was a purchase now because we wont find them again kinda day.  The base is very dark, probly an espresso, not quite black. The pin I used for my curtain inspiration:  from the ceiling

No comments: