Wednesday, September 19, 2012

No Bake - choc peanut butter w oatmeal cookies


Another, Love it! Pin it! Do it!
I saw this the other night and had all ingredients so I made them for dessert for Sunday Family Dinner.  What you see above is all that is left :0)  The batch made at least 40, but it depends on how big you make them. 

I did alter the ingredients a bit.  I used Ghirardelli choc chips (a handful) instead of the 4T cocoa.  I am also going to try with 1/2 the sugar next time too.  I used organic sugar vs the white refined.  Not sure if that made a difference, but they were a bit sweet, and I love sweet.  The author blog below is the Pinner I used,  in her discussion she mentioned how sweet they were for them too and I thought it may be a the answer.

Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies
1/2 C Butter
2 C Sugar
1/2 C Milk
4 Tbsp Cocoa
1/2 C Peanut Butter
3- 3 1/2 C Quick cooking Oats
2 tsp. Vanilla

Add the first 4 ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil, and boil for 1 minute. Stir in the next 3 ingredients and drop onto wax/foil paper. Let cool until set.

http://morganmoore.typepad.com/one_more_moore/2009/04/when-its-too-hot-to-bake-we-nobake.html

No comments: